Monday, May 2, 2011

Free Motion Weekend

 I've been doing some free motion quilting for the past few days, and it's been nice. I think I'm having fun with this particular layout because what I'm free motioning changes for every row.


I'm hoping that in the far off future, when this quilt is at an antique store (in this scenario, I probably died and was eaten by any and all cats I happened to have) that whoever buys it and blogs about it in their thought clouds (which I'm guessing is what future blogs will be called) will call this quilting "charmingly folksy", rather than "bumblingly crafted".


Don't get me wrong, I really like the way this is turning out, but oh man do my technical skills need some work. Up close there are some real messy bits, but luckily, the only person who knows or cares is me!

1 comment:

Marcia Mersky said...

This quilt is a beauty - bound to become an heirloom. Did you quilt on your machine or Cherri's longarm?