Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Thread Fairy

Secret quilting and working a lot more hours definitely puts a damper on my desire to blog.

I only worked for 45 minutes today, so with oceans of free time on my hands I thought I'd take some photos of the thread assortment that came with an antique table I bought when I was furnishing my house.


Now, I would have bought the table either way. It's a good fit for the space it's in, and I like the wood finish. But all the thread inside the drawers are very pretty.


I know that old thread isn't really ideal for quilting, but sometimes it's nice to have it available for when you need a little bit of just that right color without having to run out and buy a spool that you won't use half of. I'm guessing from the labels that the thread is from the 60's/70's.

No comments: