Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Last Minute: Overtime

Okay, so I didn't finish the quilt in time for Christmas. I realized on Wednesday night that I wouldn't be able to finish it, so I got the top assembled and left it at that.

I took this photo in my roommate's room. He sure has a lot of stuff here for someone who moved out!
I didn't have the energy to design a quilt top, so I just stuck with stars, which Stephani told me she liked a long time ago. It's interesting that this quilt is sort of a combo of "nothing fancy" and "a lot of small parts" to me.

These colors aren't my favorite either, but I like the overall look. Stephani just requested that I try and finish it before her birthday (which is in April), so I think I can manage that.

I would work more on it now, but since I'm teaching a class at Chemeketa winter term I've been spending time preparing. I've never taught a class before so it's been fun to put together all the materials and decide which topics I want to cover.

Fritz is, as always, right where I don't want him. This time it's licking himself on my class notes.

It's too bad I don't have more time right now, because I got an awesome Christmas present!
Now I want the light set too.

It's somewhere around one hundred fat quarters, and 25 yards of fabric. Good job on the present dad! And of course, when Fritz saw me take a photo of the box, he had to all up in my business.
I will never stop posting pictures of my cat

2 comments:

Cherri said...

All this while shooing that possessed cat away from your work and overhearing the neighborhood fight of 2010......
I love your teaching plan.....ah...fond memories! And the star quilt looks fab...please show it again after quilting!
Hey, that headboard would sell on bay if your "used to be" roommate doesn't come pick it up so you can have a proper studio!

Megan said...

Looks like the perfect Christmas present for you!